Monthly Newsletter of December 2022
According to the General Statistics Office, Vietnamese GDP increased 8.02% growth in 2022 (5.05% in the first quarter, 7.83% in the second quarter, 13.71% in the third quarter and 5.92% in last quarter). This is the highest growth rate recorded during the 2011-2022 period.
The export value hits US$ 371,85 billion (increase 10.6% to last year). Of which, Phones: US$ 59.292 billion, Electronic goods/Computers: US$ 59.292 billion, Machinery: US$ 45.722 billion, Textiles: US$ 37.496 billion, Footwear: US$ 23.932 billion, Wood and furniture: US$ 12.064 billion.
The annual inflation rate in Vietnam increased to 4.55 percent in December of 2022 starting from 4.37 percent in November.
Source: General Statistics Office of Vietnam and Online Newspaper of the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
NEW LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Announcement No. 5034/TB-LDTBXH of Lunar New Year and National Day Holidays in 2023 of Officials, Public Employees and Workers
a. Officials, public employees and workers working at administrative agencies, political organizations or socio-political organizations (hereinafter referred to as “officials and public employees”) are entitled to have the Lunar New Year holiday in 2023 from Friday, January 20, 2023 of the solar calendar (i.e. December 29, 2022 of the lunar calendar) to the end of Thursday, January 26, 2023 of the solar calendar (i.e. January 05, 2023 of the lunar calendar). This holiday includes 05 days of the Lunar New Year holiday and 02 days of compensatory time-off for the weekly day-off as prescribed in Clause 3 Article 111 of the Labor Code.
b. With regard to workers other than the ones prescribed in Clause 1 of this Announcement, employers may adopt the following holiday schedule for Lunar New Year and National Day in 2023:
– The Lunar New Year holiday may include 01 ending day of the year 2022 and 04 beginning days of the year 2023 of the lunar calendar, or 02 ending days of the year 2022 and 03 beginning days of the year 2023 of the lunar calendar, or 03 ending days of the year 2022 and 02 beginning days of the year 2023 of the lunar calendar.
– The National Day holiday will include September 02, 2023 (Saturday) and either September 01, 2023 (Friday) or September 03, 2023 (Sunday) of the solar calendar.
– The holiday schedule for Lunar New Year and National Day in 2023 must be notified to workers at least 30 days before the implementation.
– In case a weekly day – off coincides with a public holiday prescribed in Clause 1 Article 112 of the Labour Code, workers will have compensatory time-off on the next business day as prescribed in Clause 3 Article 111 of the Labour Code.
– Employers are encouraged to adopt the same Lunar New Year holiday schedule for their workers as officials and public employees.
This Announcement comes into force as of December 7, 2023..
2. Circular No. 06/2022/TT-BXD Dated November 11, 2022 on Issuance of QCVN 06:2022/BXD on National Technical Regulations on Fire Safety for Buildings and Constructions
The regulation prescribes general provisions regarding fire safety for buildings and constructions:
a. Housing: apartment buildings and collective houses with the maximum fire service height up to 150 meters and no more than 3 basements; separated houses with height of 7 floors or more or with 1 to 3 basements, separated houses in combination with production and business with the area for production and business purposes occupied more 30% of the total floor area;
b. Public buildings with maximum fire service height up to 150 meters and not exceeding 3 basements (except for the constructions with direct use for spiritual, religious areas, historical sites); outdoor sports fields with stands (stadium, training ground, sports competition and others in similar);
c. Production buildings and warehouses with maximum fire service height up to 50 meters and no more than 1 basement;
d. Suppliers of technical infrastructure facilities and utilities with maximum fire service height up to 50 meters and no more than 1 basement;
e. Traffic servicing buildings with a maximum fire service height up to 50 meters and no more than 3 basements;
Besides, the regulations also promulgated many newly established requirements on smoke protection for buildings and constructions which impact to the fire safety practices of the enterprises.
This Circular comes into force as of January 16, 2023 and replaces Circular No. 02/2021/TT-BXD dated May 15, 2021.
In 2022, OneStepVietnam has so far provided more than 150 audits/assessments/verifications, trainings and consultations for the factories and clients regarding social compliance and sustainability.
OneStepVietnam team – December 2022