Monthly Newsletter of June 2023
According to the General Statistics Office, the GDP for the first six months of 2023 increased by 3.72%, which is only slightly higher than the growth rate of 1.74% observed during the same period in 2020 within the 2011-2023 timeframe. In terms of sector-wise value addition to the economy, the agriculture, forestry, and fisheries sector exhibited a growth rate of 3.07%, contributing 9.28% to the overall GDP. The industry and construction sector experienced a more modest growth rate of 1.13%, making a contribution of 11.87%. Conversely, the services sector demonstrated a substantial growth rate of 6.33%, contributing a significant share of 78.85% to the GDP.
During the second quarter of 2023, the estimated export turnover was recorded at $83.4 billion, indicating a decline of 14.2% in comparison to the corresponding period in the previous year. However, it experienced a marginal increase of 2.9% when compared to the first quarter of 2023. The cumulative export turnover of goods for the initial six months of 2023 stood at an estimated $164.45 billion, reflecting a decrease of 12.1% in contrast to the corresponding period in the prior year. Specifically, the export turnover of apparel and footwear amounted to $15.75 billion and $10.001 billion, respectively, demonstrating declines of 15.3% and 15.2% in comparison to the corresponding period in the preceding year.
Source: General Statistics Office of Vietnam.
NEW LEGAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Circular No. 10/2023/TT-BCT dated April 21, 2023 of the Minister of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on Amendments to Some Articles of Circular No. 21/2020/TT-BCT Dated September 09, 2020 of The MOIT on Procedures for Issuance of Electricity Licenses.
The circulars regulated new requirement on procedures for issuance of electricity licenses:
– Validity of the issued electricity license: In case of modification of the license due to renaming, relocation of headquarters or changes in operation scope, the validity period of the new electricity license shall correspond to that of the former license;
– Procedure on application for modification of an electricity license;
The Circular was issued on April 21, 2023 and came into force from June 9, 2023.
2. Circular No. 05/2023/TT-BLDTBXH dated June 15, 2023 of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA) Promulgating The List of Arduous, Hazardous and Dangerous Occupations of Post-Secondary Education and College Levels.
The circular promulgates list of arduous, hazardous and dangerous occupations of post-secondary education and college levels and replace the Circular No. 36/2017/TT-BLDTBXH dated December 29, 2017 of MOLISA from July 30, 2017.
Employee performing arduous, hazardous and dangerous occupations shall be entitled special benefit as legally required.
The Circular was issued on June 15, 2023 and will be coming into force from July 30, 2023.
3. Circular No. 09/2023/TT-BYT dated May 05, 2023 of the Minister of Health (MOH) on Amendments to Some Articles of Circular No. 14/2013/TT-BYT Dated May 06, 2013 of The Minister of Health on Provision of Guidance on Health Checkups.
The circular regulated new form/record for:
– The periodic health checkup;
– The obstetric and gynecological examinations.
The Circular was issued on May 5, 2023 and came into force from June 20, 2023.
In June 2023, OneStepVietnam has provided regular and along with internal audit, assessment and SLCP/Higg FEM verifications and services for our customers.
OneStepVietnam team – June 2023